The iPad has many uses and a good way to use it is to learn the piano. This is the best way to learn since you can get the benefits of having a piano without actually owning one. The only downside is that there are very few ways to teach yourself how to play. But with GarageBand, you can learn how to play in an easy and fun way.
Furthermore, you can find lessons on GarageBand itself, on sites like YouTube, and also through your friends and family.
All in all, with the help of GarageBand, you can learn in an easy way. It has features that will help you learn how to play the piano quickly and it has lessons that will help you get better at playing in no time.
What are GarageBand Piano Lessons?
When you have GarageBand, you can find a bunch of Learn to Play lessons which can teach even the most amateur user how to get started on a piano and guitar. There’s usually one lesson for each instrument preinstalled, but you can easily find other ones all over the software. This is a great way to learn how to play a piano or guitar and with a little bit of practice, you can be playing like an expert in no time.
There’s also Artist Lessons, which you can also download to your GarageBand software. These are specific lessons that are given by famous artists of songs. Not only will they show you the steps to creating a song like theirs, but they’ll also give you insights on how to master the piano or other specific instruments as a whole.
If you want to see the list of piano lessons you have available from GarageBand, simply go to Project Chooser. You’ll also be able to pick new lessons to download from the Project Chooser tab.
In every GarageBand lesson, you can expect to find one or more of the following things:
- A Learn Chapter: The teacher tells us the techniques of playing a specific song, including how to tune the instrument.
- A Play Chapter: This is where you should be able to perform a whole song without having to go through the step-by-step of each part.
- A Practice Chapter: This is where you can practice performing particular riffs, choruses, and sections.
- A Story Chapter: This is exclusive to Artist Lessons. This is where the artist teaching the class may talk about the background of how the song came to be.
- Simple and Advanced Chapters: May have alternative ways of playing certain bits of a song. A more amateur player, for example, can stick to the Simple version.
How to Find GarageBand Piano Lessons iPad
Mac users can find a new lesson on GarageBand by choosing File, then New. Choose a lesson in the Project Chooser, and then click the button to start playing the lesson. You’ll be able to also adjust your viewer screen. There’ll be video instruction and possibly some type of keyboard animated on the lesson window. You’ll be able to adjust the playback and volume settings, too.